Remember the story of Squishy the Dragon? Now I have the saga of Squishy the 9TS to share, on this evening of fright and terror! Beware. It is a tale not for the faint of heart. A story born in the laboratory of the evil doctor ZEE. HAARRGHHH!
Last night as we lay in bed watching Amelia for the second time . . . the first being in the theater . . . the 9TS announced that he 'squishes'. Since both of us seem prone to uttering non sequiturs, I rather ignored the dear man and went on about my business. Again, I heard him complain. And finally during a commercial, he grabbed the remote, mightily pressed the mute button and began to press the skin around his latest incision . . . and my goodness . . . a rather loud and definitely wet squish was heard. He did it again, and again he 'squished'. Thinking he was pulling my leg, I made him come around to my side of the bed, where the light was better. He pushed and squished. Not subtly mind you, but rather like a child playing with a balloon half filled with water. Squish, squish, squish. We giggled. The 9TS seemed to be the owner of a rather musical and mercurial membrane. We giggled some more.
This morning, all giggling aside, we re-read all of his post operative instructions. Not one mention of squishing noises. Not even a side note. Nothing about concertos or cantatas, and while everything else seems to be mending on schedule, I knew the 9TS would feel much better if we called in the troops. After a few minutes on hold with Moffitt, a very polite surgical fellow from the cutaneous clinic, listened to the description of the water logged sloth. And to his credit not one ounce of laughter seeped into his voice which is more than can be said for me.
As it turns out, the 9TS has a seroma. It's an actual condition . . . look it up. And while it should resolve itself, it will certainly add to the spookiness of the evening when little trick-or-treat kidlets knock on our door. Whooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
EDIT: Compliments of our neighbors, here's a shot of the 9TS and moi!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Aaaaand this picture of the two of you is different why?
Glad to hear the 9TS' squishy tum-tum actually has a name! And that he's gonna be OK.
He must use Ipana... and I think his date may have had one too many slurps of Cabernet.
What a lovely couple. Your hand is NOT that big! I think it must somehow be 9TS' Photo shop?
WC
I just love the way you write Jeanne! You never lose your sense of humor! Your costumes are just hilarious!
I've never heard of seroma but I can only imagine hearing those sounds in bed......omg!
Post a Comment