Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grab it . . .

these are the days I love living where I do.  The ever present miasma of summer humidity has finally lifted and the temperatures have dropped out of the stifling cloak of the 90's.  The days are bright and clear, the nights cool and relaxing.  Windows are finally open again to the wonderful aroma of fresh air with soft breezes wafting along whispering . . . get up . . . get going . . . life is waiting.  And so yesterday, Joanie and I piled in her car and headed toward the sea to walk the bridge.  I would have posted pictures like this:

but A) you have seen this before and B), I didn't bring my camera.  Gasp.  And at the base, is of course, on Thursdays, the farmers market.  And the best?  Michelle was selling Pumpkin Nut bread.  Little loaves of delectable-ness  of the likes you have never put in your mouth . . . except maybe Nancy's zucchini bread.  Ah, a very close tie.  One little loaf was split with the 9TS for dessert last night, the other is in the freezer awaiting the pumpkin loving kidlet who will ferret it out as soon as she hits the door on her next visit down. 

What a gorgeous morning to walk.  The plan was to do the bridge twice . . . didn't fly.  While Joanie has been walking on a regular basis much as I used to do, I have been very bad for a very long time and I wimped out.  Sigh.  But I will get back in shape.  It is my October resolution. 

So get out there.  Life is good.  Grab it.

4 comments:

Anke said...

funny, I just got back from a 45 minute brisk walk with hubby! It felt awesome! It's gorgeous today, sunny and warm, short sleeve weather again, yay!!!
That is one long bridge!!! Send me some of that cake, will ya!

Anke said...

funny, I just got back from a 45 minute brisk walk with hubby! It felt awesome! It's gorgeous today, sunny and warm, short sleeve weather again, yay!!!
That is one long bridge!!! Send me some of that cake, will ya!

Anke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It can't be as much fun as FLYING over the bridge in red convertibles on Tuesdays!!!!!

WC