My friend Marg posted an interesting tidbit this morning. Since acquiring her Kindle in May of 2008, she has read 421 books. She is my hero. I hope I can come near her count . . . not to be competitive but to find that many interesting books in which to submerge myself. The thought makes me giddy.
And finally, after much trial and error, since acquiring my Nook in mid September, I finally nailed the connection to our local library. Eureka! Click, click and the book is mine for 14 days . . . or at least on my waiting list, until it becomes available. And since I have this proclivity for reading everything an appealing author writes, I downloaded Swimsuit and 7th Heaven by James Patterson . . . which opens up the entire Women Club series to me . . . Alex Cross having already been digested; Sizzling Sixteen by Evanovich, makes me up-to-date on her books, and Downtown by Anne Rivers Siddens is number 17 of her 18 I have inhaled. I'm currently reading Careless in Red by Elizabeth George, the second or third of hers I have snorted. Also downloaded U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton, leaving me four left in her series and Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank, a new author to replace Anne Rivers Siddens.
Just before my Nook made its appearance, I read Kathryn Stockett's, The Help. Excellent read.
The only downfall of this madness? Having to buy bigger purses. Have Nook, will travel. Perfecto!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dorothea Benton Frank....LOVE her!! Currently reading Pawley's Island. I've read a couple of others written by her & am hooked!
Thanks for the mention of some of your other faves.....
Paula
sounds like fun, I'll have to look into those!!
I don't know if you would like his genre, but I recommend Jon Hart's books, Down Rive, King of Lies, and The Last Child.
Post a Comment