Friday, October 8, 2010

CANCER SUCKS!!!

I have taken a little break from blogging since the 9TS found another lump in his leg two weeks ago.  Until we knew what it was, everything else I normally blather on and on about just seemed so petty and obnoxious in the scheme of things . . .  I just cut us all a break and stopped.

Tuesday, we went back to Moffitt to see Dr. Z. before we headed to the CRU (Clinical Research Unit) for his trial vaccines.   Dr. Z, ordered an aspiration biopsy which proved inconclusive and scheduled surgery for today as prevention in case those two little bastards  (can I say bastards on my blog? Well, I guess I just did.  Sorry if I offended anyone except those to whom I was referring.  To them I am not the least be sorry.)    really were back in residence.  Dr. Z. is a very suspicious dude.


Yesterday afternoon, we received a call from Dr. K.  Unfortunately, Mel and his cousin Anoma are back . . .   the gruesome twosome seem to think the 9TS is a time share unit they can crash in every six months, party, destroy the joint, and wait to be evicted.  I hate them.  HATE, HATE, HATE them.

The full blown lab pathology of the aspirations was positive.  Until they can get him scheduled for a full PET scan and brain MRI, to see if the cousins are partying anywhere else in the 9TS, surgery has been postponed.  Oh, and he has been scrubbed from the trial since it obviously was not working.  We are waiting for the phone to ring . . .

And now after that outburst, we are back to regularly scheduled blogging inanities.

Katie's room contains the only remaining carpeting other than the stairs in the entire house.  And it is stained and miserable.  Poor Snoop was so sick before he left this earth that he made more than a few mistakes not to mention the episode with Katie's wisdom teeth . . . you get the idea.

Anyway, Wednesday, I finally called Rick, our flooring guru, to come measure for hardwood.  While he was here, I asked him about linoleum for the upstairs bathroom . . .  both the carpeting and linoleum being 22 years old, the linoleum was curling up around the edges.  Rick did a little digging and handed me a fistful of sawdust and said, don't worry, you don't have termites or rodents. It seems the builders used particle board instead of plywood and splashes from the tub have rotted the particle board over the years and in case I want to wake up with my tub in the downstairs hallway in the middle of the night, I need to cease use of the tub asap.  ACK!

Tuesday, Greg will come and remove the toilet, Rick's guys will fix the floor and lay new linoleum, and Greg will return to reset the toilet.  And I will have newness in the palace!  YAY!!!

Thanks for sticking around while I was gone.  I appreciate it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I appreciate you coming back!! Missed you. The 9TS (and you, too) will be in my prayers.
Lots of good thoughts heading your way.
Paula

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear it Jeanne. :( All my best wishes and good thoughts go out to you.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you & 9TS had to get such news. Doesn't seem fair at all. I will keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers.
I"m glad you're getting some newness in the palace though. That's always a good feeling.
Take care & hang in there!

Sue said...

Oh Jeanne. This has to be heartbreaking for you and the 9TS and Katie. You guys are in our prayers and you know I'm a phone call away.

farabee said...

I'm late reading, Jeanne!

I'm sure wondering God's purpose in all this! Give him a hug for me and a special big hug for you, dear friend.

Prayers....keeping on keeping on.

Anke said...

Oh Jeanne, I am so so sorry! We'll be praying for the two of you! I hope everything will turn out well!! See what happens when I don't come around for a bit, I get slammed with this bit of bad news through FB!!! I really love your attitude, huge hugs!