Monday, October 18, 2010

feed me, feed me . . .

We stopped at Ming's on the way home from Tampa.  Good Chinese restaurant on I-drive.  Yummy shrimp cakes, a little eel sushi and calamari for the 9TS, a little more sedate chicken and veggies for moi!  But someone forgot to feed these not-so-little fellows, so the 9TS bought a quarter's worth of fish food and almost got eaten alive.

And of course Orlando, being Orlando, there are always fun sites:
This being one of my favorites since it is the only upside down building I am likely to see.  Sorry Dorothy.

Oh, and we saw a pod of hot air balloons!!!

Otherwise it was an uneventful trip . . . travel wise.

In other news, the PET scan came back with two hot spots.  The leg, which we knew, and another on the surface, next to the incision scars left from the lung surgery.  Another aspiration biopsy was done and it too was positive.  They are thinking it is seeded cells . . . .  which in Jeanne speak means, that when they removed the cancer from his lung, some of Mel and Anoma's offspring broke off on the way out and started a new colony.  How enterprising of them.  Not!

We are waiting to hear when surgery will be scheduled and what happens next.   Looking at Thursday or Friday of next week.

Personally, I think the 9TS and I should just move into Ming's, stuff our faces with anything cooked in wine and garlic sauce and play caretaker to their over fed carp.  A much better proposition . . .

3 comments:

joanieb147 said...

Prayers and positive thoughts continue...
I like the idea of moving into Ming's, if we can get a discount and/or free sake!
Hugs across the Circle.

Sue said...

Damn Mel and Anoma anyway.

They have huge koi at RanGetsu on I-Drive too. They don't let you feed them though.

Anke said...

Oh good grief, I am so sorry! We will continue praying for you guys, hoping that everything will be taken care of!
Your photos are awesome, what an interesting looking place, love it!! Those carp are something else!!