Wednesday, October 13, 2010

updates . . .

tomorrow we leave for Tampa for the 9TS's PET and MRI.  Monday, we will head back to see the amazing Dr. Z. and get the results.  Pins and needles, pins and needles.

when I left for yoga, my toilet was sitting in my bathtub and a very nice man was pulling up the old linoleum.  When I returned after lunch, my new floor was sitting in the driveway.  A few hours later and it was finished and oh my, my bathroom makes me happy. I did have to do a quick bathtub scrub.  The ewww factor was a little too thick for even me to ignore. 

the vette is still ailing, hopefully to return by 5 tonight.  Otherwise we will be puttering over to Tampa and back in the jelly bean, which was so never designed for highways and at eleven years of age . . .  slightly akin to 103 in people years . . .  that is expecting a lot. 

my purple crop pants arrived in the mail.  PURPLE folks.  PURPLE.  and I love them.  They came in a gorgeous rust brown that I couldn't resist and so purchased from Coldwater Creek a few months back.  They are linen but don't wrinkle into nothingness and they are totally comfy with big pockets.  What more could I ask?   At the time, I eschewed the same version in puce.  But then one night, while scouring their website under the 'outlet' section, there they were.  Deep lavender at its finest.  And only $11.74.  Yep, with tax, shipping and handling; $11.74.  Who cares if they are mulberry . . . plum . . . pomegranate?  And as it turns out, I do have matching tops.  Doing my thrift happy dance.

i have been looking for a little triangular table to put between the two leather chairs in the living room.  As of now, the lamp has been balancing on a rusted antique milk can . . .  gee, if I remember these, does that make me a rusted old antique too?  A light bulb went off a month or so ago about a table up in the attic.  It was my parents.  Moved to Florida years after I did.  Has a triangular base-round top.  Extremely abused.  Kept for sentimental reasons.  I looked at the 9TS with glee in my eyes.  Could it be restored?  Could the top be cut to a triangle?  He is at work as we speak.  Everyone should have their very own 9TS.  Just not mine.  I don't share well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two will be in my prayers for a safe trip to Tampa tomorrow and back home again.

I love stories like the table in the attic. Nothing is better than making "something" out of a thing you never thought you could use!!
That is an awesome way to "recycle" not only the table but good memories as well.

Paula

Sue said...

Perhaps your new capri's are Aubergine?!

Sending good thoughts as you and the 9TS head my way today.

Anke said...

I am a little late to the game, I hope things went well! I love those pants (those shoes are pretty fab too)