sometimes, low is so far down and murky, kidlet fears she won't remember who she was. she cannot see the light that is her soul. that flicker of bright that breaks forth in glee. the remarkable timing that makes her sense of humor flow and bubble. the busyness of her brain that electrifies her fingers to create the imaginable from the imaginary. the resolute flint that charges her lightness and spews forth ideas and creativity.
the child who runs free is still there under the pain and miasma. yesterday at the therapist it was hard for her to remember her old self. she sobbed. the tears flew.
but i remember. i remember she who is quick to laugh. quick to light up the world around her. quick to care about those she loves. i remember the soul that does no harm. that would burst forth with imagination. she who held together with the 9TS and i through all the miles it took for melanoma to win. i remember the tenacity. the strength. the guts.
and we, who remember and love her so, are charged as keepers of the flame until she is strong enough to keep herself afloat. strong enough to say, i have been sick but i am back. because she will be. back. and strong. but until then, we will keep her safe. we, the keepers of the flame.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Helping to keep the flame and keeping you both in my thoughts.
I will make the flame a huge glowing torch.
Kidlet, I'm proud of you and your Mom. You WILL overcome!
WC
<3 Kidlet! <3 Jeanne!
Lighting the flame and keeping it burning for Kidlet...I know she will eventually find the strength that is now hidden so deep and overcome the power of the beast called depression. I found this courtesy of her comment on Ali Edwards blog post yesterday, http:www.determinedtoshine.net. I don't know if it will help or not but I admire her willingness to share her struggle with depression. And many of the things she wrote about rang very true to my own experience.
Sending much love to both of you!
So beautifully said, Jeanne. I admire you. You are a strong and wonderful person. Where do you think Kidlet gets it from? Remember God never gives us more than we can handle. May each new day bring abundant hope to you both.
Paula
Post a Comment