so the other day, kidlet and i were at our PCP's office. he wanted his two cents in on her kidney and thyroid numbers. he's pretty sure her kidneys are fine but set up a recheck and will follow up with the nephrologist. the endocrinologist is scheduled for the 25th. he will wait for those results too. while we were chatting and explaining, not once but twice, i forgot what i was going to say in mid-stream.
this has been going on for a while. years ago, as in 1998, my then doctor told me it was just information i didn't need so it didn't stick. don't worry. i mentioned it to the good doctor who said she could make me an appointment to test for dementia but she was sure it was just stress. i forget names, places, almost any noun. if i am tired it is worse.
but our PCP looked me in the eye and said, it's time he saw mom. gee thanks. good thing he is booked until august. the cats wouldn't know what to do if i got their names right. kidlet would be relieved of her memory bank services and i'd have to sell my stock in post-it notes. the only time it makes me really crazy is when i forget the clue in a crossword puzzle by the time i find the related blanks. or when like this morning, i couldn't find my wallet anywhere. i tore this house apart. i remembered writing receipts in its checkbook register last night but from there on it was a total blank. i finally found it in my camera bag under my camera. who'd a thunk it.
however i still know what a can opener if for so i figure i am good and the cats are still happy they get fed. still wondering what i did to tick off mother nature.
Monday, June 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jeanne,
I'm hoping that's normal
because........
WC
I've been having some serious memory issues...not the kind where I'm tyring to use my hair brush to open a can of soup or use the can opener to turn on the television, thankfully. But really struggling to find the right word...the other day, it took me 4 tries to say pina colada instead of palm colada. A few weeks ago, Lisa, our controller, came downstairs to go home and I asked her when she had come back in because I thought I'd already said good by to her. Then, 30 mninutes later, when her assistant was locking up their side of the office I asked if Lisa was still upstairs! It's kinda scary, but I've been chalking it up to all the stress and lack of sleep. But maybe I should discuss it more thoroughly with my PCP. Although, I did have an MRI done about 2 years ago and the neurologist said I was fine...no indicators of any problems.
Fingers crossed that your results prove that it's just stress and being tired.
Post a Comment