Thursday, September 6, 2007

sometimes it really is a dog's life . . .


Up early to take Kaity to school and Moak to the vet for his "Lion Cut". But first a bath. No problem, I am now use to two little visitors stalking me in the tub. Ninja marches on the edge of the tub. When he stops, another little head pops up between his legs. Bear evidently needs to see what is going on. Well the edge is slippery and most cats at some point in their lives, take a dive. Today was Ninja's day. As I pluck a very surprised, very wet kitten from the water, he looks at me in total amazement. Bear meanwhile, is strolling around the toilet seat intent on the water down below. Too little to stick his head in for a drink, the ingenious little beast sticks one paw in, cups some water and licks it, repeat process until sated. Crack me up.

11:00 the vet calls. Moak is not exactly the most happy camper and they are going to have to sedate him to finish the job. If you are new to my blog, Moak is an almost 20 something pound, long haired, Persian. His hair is matted and he is headed to college on Sunday. He is now sporting a spiffy lion cut. He is not particularly happy to be lacking in the hair department but craves lots of petting since the knots are gone.

Everyone has had their share of adventures for the day. I am sure they would have rather spent the time lazing around but hey, life happens.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT HAVE YOU FREAKING DONE TO MY CAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kelli said...

HA! I can just hear Moak:

"C'mon...put em up....put em uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup"

Anonymous said...

Poor Moak. No self-respecting cat should ever have to endure such torture! I'm sure he's planning his revenge on you Jeanne!!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Haha Sue, he already got it - he peed in the laundry basket she's had since college.

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor kitty! I can hear the conversations now..."Look what she let them do to me!" "What are you complaining about? I have to steal drinks from the toilet!" ;-)
Michelle