As soon as we walked down the approach, you could see them in the far distance shoving off from the beach.

Since we were a good three miles above them and the day was beautiful, we started to wade down towards them. It had been so long since I had sunk my tootsies into the soft sand and surf, an audible sigh of delight escaped my lips. Now I remember why I live where I live. We meandered down almost a mile to meet them. Being the jealous soul that I am, I was picturing myself sailing up the Florida coast and into Tybee bay on my very own mythical catamaran. Another audible sigh.



As the bulk of the boats passed, we slowly wandered back to the approach, rinsed off our sandy feet and drove home along the river. I think the 9TS had caught my glee.

A good morning for a great race . . .
3 comments:
I love the waves you get over yonder. We only get them in the Bay if a storm is approaching from the south or west.
What a beautiful sight to see!! I know you are glad you had "other visions" dancing in YOUR head!!
Great pics, too.
Paula
what a gorgeous day! Love the different colors of the boats, and the waves crashing on the beach!
ahhhhhh...it's relaxing just imagining the sound of the surf. :-)
Post a Comment