Thursday, July 2, 2009

Round 3 . . .

I am sitting, swathed in a used-to-be-warm blanket I badgered from a receptionist for the 9TS . . . chattering in the waiting area of Moffitt's nuclear medicine department. I think they think if they cryo-freeze their patients/family members, we will all last longer . . . she said . . . swatting at the icicle trying to grow under her nose. Brrrrrrr.

They stole the 9TS at 9:00 a.m. for his first test. He wandered back an hour and a half later, walking rather lopsidedly . . . teetering actually . . . with a silly grin on his face. I know that look. Been a long time since I have seen it but it was definitely Valium at work. He was giddy but immediately re-commandeered his blankie. We had but a few moments to chat, in which he handed me the fact sheet on that lovely little brown pill that made him so suddenly congenial in these cold surroundings . . . before they absconded with him again for the next two and a half hours.

I texted Katie to tell her about the Valium and she, with great glee, practically begged me to video the shenanigans. I have no idea where she would get such an idea unless it was because I may or may not have videoed her coming out of the anesthetic when she had her wisdom teeth removed. She still occasionally grabs my cell and plays it back and giggles, but I digress.

We have plans . . . when they finally return my, by now starving/fast frozen husband . . . we will
. . . do-not-pass-go, and head directly to 5 Guys and nosh on burgers and hot fries.

After that, I will drop myself into the drivers seat of the Vette, compliments of that Valium he ingested and hope its effects are still working long enough for me to get all the way home before the 9TS really catches on to the fact that I am captaining his pride and joy. EEK!

To be continued . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ageism! Ageism I tell you! Boo.

- Goober

Sue said...

I'm with you in both in spirit, my friend. You call if you need me.

Anke said...

what the heck happened? What did I miss!?