Monday, July 13, 2009

Well, duh . . .

You know when the light bulb finally goes off and it hits with such an intensity that you wonder why that one particular thought took so long to gestate and finally present itself? This little oddity must have been brewing since 2007, the fact of which, should give you a glimpse of how truly slowly my brain functions. Oh my.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs when my little brain neurons finally switched tracks and allowed this one to bubble to the surface . . . Blogs are the soap operas of the new century. At least in my world. And, just like in college, I am hooked. Did I really schedule my classes around General Hospital? Really?

One of the first things I do in the morning . . . after taking care of the basics . . . is to curl up with my laptop and check blogs. Some of them are famous like Ann Marie and Ladd's. Yep, I've been sucked right onto the ranch and into Charlie's lap. Or, Stephanie's daily struggle to come to terms with life altering changes. Talk about a woman of faith. WOW. Then there is Sarah, who looks at life from a slightly different angle while trying to expand her brood. And, of course I need to check on my friends . . . some of whom are good at posting on a regular basis and some of whom . . . cough . . . have not updated their blogs since . . . cough . . . early December 2008 . . . cough! I'd add their links too but most enjoy anonymity amidst the insanity of their lives.

So here I am sucked into the lives of others . . . some of whom I will never meet and on some of whom I have enough dirt for major blackmail. All this as if there weren't enough drama in the cave right now.

But I am hooked. And if perchance I should get bored . . . another blog is just a click away . . .

4 comments:

Kelli said...

HA!

::blushing::

HiHo, the Duck said...

You really scheduled your classes around General Hospital?

...

...

...

Wow.

hehehe =P

Sue said...

Yes Katie dear...some of us DID schedule things around GH back when Luke and Laura were all the rage! :::winking at your mom!:::

I too am a huge Sarah fan, Jeanne.

Anke said...

well, I guess it's time I'd update my blog, although it hasn't been that long, just a few days really. To me reading too many blogs can turn into a chore, I have to focus on my friends and then the rest comes later (maybe) I always enjoy your writings though