Since the 9TS is back in Tampa, I have been left to my own devices until I join him tomorrow. And so, as the afternoon winds down, I find myself navigating Facebook. Facebook confuses me on a good day. This apparently was not a good day.
I have a Swedish friend . . . as in a Swede who lives in Sweden . . . and although she is beautifully bi-lingual, she occasionally posts in Swedish . . . which is of course doesn't bother me in the slightest since her art, which is what I drool over, needs no translation. But I am a curious soul. So, with nothing else on the agenda, I decided to Google a translation of her post and the three responses.
The first site I hit had her saying: is just over ritka.
The second site: Is ritkigt good
The third: ? r ritka just over
Hum, not a lot of continuity here. I am wondering, is she flying over Ritka? I decide to try the first response which translated into Why?
OK, so someone wants to know why she is flying over the Czech Republic. I do too.
Her response to that was . . . according to the translation site: It is sometimes. This is totally not making any sense.
The third reply was: Hope you get better. Now I am stumped. Maybe Ritka is Swedish for the Swine Flu. Maybe she is suffering from the Swine Flu while flying???? Ya think?
Makes me wonder how valid are these translation sites? What if she said: I am confused? And he replied: Why and she answered: Just because and her friend responded: Hope it gets better. Makes sense to me . . . but then I am prone to writing my own version of most things. Ask anyone in the family.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And now I'm worried about the people on the plane with her that she's infecting with the swine flu!
Are they on vacation from MS? Are they my neighbors and when they come back they will spread it all up and down my street?
And can someone let them know to make sure they get me sick on a Monday, so I don't miss out on any weekend festivities? Thankyouverymuch.
{giggle}
Post a Comment