
the one in green, parked along side the silver corvette on the interstate . . . Yeah that guy. He's a trooper. Couldn't you just guess? And he wasn't stopping for a spot of tea. Nope. He clocked someone doing 83 in a 55. Should I leave you hanging? Was it me . . . the notorious lead foot? Or was it the 9TS who is an undying advocate of a mere 5 miles over the speed limit?
Conversation:
Trooper: License and registration!
Me: You scared me, tapping on my window!
Trooper: You knew I was there:
Me: Yeah but I thought you stood by the drivers window.
Trooper: Not on the interstate ma'am. (Boy, I hate being called Ma'am, especially since my bare feet are still on the dashboard where they had been comfortably stashed.)
Trooper: License and registration!
9TS: I have a gun in the car. (Since the trooper was about to see it in the glove box anyway.)
Trooper: GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!
9TS: I just thought you should know.
Trooper: GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW!!!! (the 9TS knows that tone and scrambles out and over to the officer.)
Me: Psst! He's a retired cop.
Trooper to 9TS: Is that true?
Insert ongoing conversation between 9TS and nice man. OK, Chief, don't let it happen again. And at this point, we should be back in the car headed on our way. But no.
Me: Could I take your picture please.
Trooper: Why?
Me: Because we drive to Moffitt a lot and I get bored and take pictures of things along the way. Today I've been taking shots of truck drivers. (All this while said camera is hanging around my neck.)
Trooper: OK, but it's not going to land on MySpace or something.
Me: Only my blog that hardly anybody reads . . . .
7 comments:
Only you Jeanne. Only you!
Being a retired cop (or the daughter of one) does come in handy sometimes!
You are a gutsy gal.
Good news all around.
Congrats to the 9TS.
Paula
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I was wondering how you got that picture!!
83 in a 55 eh??? verrrrrrrrrrrrry interestin..........
But in Wilson's defense, in the vette it probably only FELT like 55mph. ;o)
kel
Oh my gosh, I was holding my breath waiting to see if you guys were in jail. I think you should put this on Facebook! Hahahaaaa!
OMG, tooooo funny! I can just hear the trooper freakin' out when you told him you had a gun! Glad you didn't get arrested you rebels you! Ha ha! Love the photo on the blog.............send him an 8 x 10 glossy!
You failed to mention the gun in your retelling to me. Though it would have been just a bit funny to hear that daddy got arrested. What happen to not using his chief status to get outta tickets, huh? ;)
Jeane I think your a little wrong in no one reads your blog because I think everyone does sweetie. LOL.
Post a Comment