There is a reason I am not a good homemaker. I stink at cleaning. No, I don't belong on hoarders although the cave is loaded with eccentricities other than Kidlet and I. Remind me to introduce you to Goat. He is the newest addition. But see, I get sidetracked. And that is why I don't clean. I get bushwhacked . . . or do something stupid. Today was a double header. First, I managed to add bleach to an entire load of dark wash, most of which was Kidlet's. You will hear the explosion when she awakens, unless she is still very much into tye dye. Then while I started out to de-fur my bedroom, I somehow changed lanes and ended up surfing the net and doing hand wash. See what I mean?
But I must share this little goodie from today's adventure in cleaning:
They are the newest accoutrements for ceiling fans and are called Furry Fan Fins. They are hand made by my very own Maine Coon: Mr. Bear. If stretched to full capacity, each fin fur is approximately three inches wide by ten inches long. Think of them as delicate eyelashes for the blades. They are rather pricey as each one takes approximately two months to make and are only produced during the shedding season. Shall I put you down for one or two???
Here is Goat:
He hails from Texas and is made of recycled metals. He was a present from Joanie which makes him even more precious. Pippin thinks he belongs to her alone and scratches her chin on his horns on a daily basis. If you look carefully through the stair railings, you can see part of the leather giraffe who overseas the living room. I don't think you want to know that he is currently sporting the 9TS's leather hat and sunglasses along with a mourning band.
And no, this was not staged. He is a very well dressed fellow and has a seasonal wardrobe, although he is not particularly fond of the bunny ears. p.s. my family is very used to me.
and so with all these distractions, I find it difficult to settle down long enough to actually complete one chore. The dust and fur are rampant. visit at your own risk.
oh and for those that I forget don't know, my name is Jeanne as in Jeannie without the eye or Genie as in the bottle or Jean-Knee but it's spelled Jeanne. I have no idea why I think it is important you know that unless you happen to come wandering down my street some time and knock on the cave door. It's always nice when someone can pronounce your name. And it helps telling friends from solicitors. And my last name. Forget it. It is totally unpronounceable and also not permitted on a post. Just think more vowels than consonants and you'll be close.
love to you all.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you run out of Furry Fan Fins due to high demand, I can send you some of mine! I have TWO Maine Coons who do a fine job of furring up every nook, cranny and crevace in my house. Isn't EVERY season shedding season?!
Whatever your name is, we love you!
Post a Comment