Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wilbur and Charlotte . . .

I'm sweating worse than Wilbur in the noon day sun, realizing he's next on the dinner table.  Woo-eeee.

It's that time of year again. The windows and screens need a good scrubbing.  Between general dirt and grime, Charlotte has had her babies and their webs are everywhere.

Loaded with a bucket of soapy water, two squeegees, a rag, hose and screw driver, I attacked the front windows.  Getting the screens down was the easy part.  The hard part came when trying to get them all back in after the sun as decided to beat down furiously much too early.

By the time I got the last one in, I was dripping more than the hose and feeling more than a little light in the head.  Maybe I'm supposed to hire someone to do this???  Naw, what fun would that be?  None of this:
 and this:


Where's the fun in that????   Oink, Oink!

I apologize Charlotte, but we talked about your offspring building between the windows and the screens.  Not acceptable.

Now I need to attack the back of the house and then upstairs.  I think they can wait a day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you pass out again and fall off the roof, we're gonna have words.
- Kidlet

Sue said...

OK, so long as your feets are firmly planted on the ground, I have no problems with you ousting Charlotte and her offspring. BUT! When it comes to climbing on the roof. We needs to talk. Girl. You have NO BIDNEZZ being up there. You need to call in reinforcements. Kidlet, if you need help kicking her where the sun don't shine, you call me. I can be there in a little over three hours.

Repeat after me, Jeanne. I will not go on the roof. I will not go on the roof. I will not go on the roof.

I'm all about being a self-sufficient woman, but ya gotta know when to say when. THIS is the time.