Thursday, May 24, 2007

not for the squeamish . . .

Bru has outsmarted us once again. Two adults vs one now measly 12 pound cat. Who won? Need you ask? Part of Bru's health regime is a subcutaneous IV every other day. They showed us how to do this at the vets and we came home pointing fingers at each other. I'll hold while you poke, no, I'LL hold while YOU poke . . . Frank is now he official "poker" while I am the holder. OK, so I threatened to cry. The first couple of times go fairly well as long as you don't count removing the IV before turning off the fluid flow and having the saline solution spew around the kitchen in huge snaking circles. OK, so we've done that twice now. ACK But the last few times have been rough. Bru has sized up the situation and figures if he squirms he can stop the process. Smart cat. The last time was the worst. Bru squirmed so badly that Frank ended up getting the IV in HIS finger. Ouch. So this morning, it was back to the vet for another lesson. Now might be the time to mention that Bru is good as gold at the vets, no trying to climb up my shoulder or wiggle off the counter, no big sad looks with the glint of victory when he has managed to scamper away. The tech has taught us how to make a mummy out of Bru. Now the question is who will win, the towel or Bru. I did notice that the towel the tech used was full of holes. Hummm, I'm placing my money on the cat but we will all have to wait until the day after tomorrow to see. Keep your fingers crossed for us all.

No comments: