Wednesday, September 19, 2007
kelly, forest, olive, avocado . . . .
I just looked at the long range weather forecast and it looks like rain for the next 10 days. Not too bad when you think how terribly low our water tables are but it has been raining non-stop for the past three days and combine that with heat and no sun and things down here are turning a little green and I am not talking foliage. Our sidewalk is a lovely shade of moss and is slimy . . it is a balancing act just to avoid landing on your . . . ah . . . bottom. So much rain has created havoc with the chemicals in the pool so it has turned a charming pale pea green. The brick pavers that Frank laid last summer under the hot tub are a sickly army green. Now I understand that green is supposed to be a soothing color, a balm for the soul, an oasis of paradise but I keep checking between my fingers to see if I am sprouting mold. I was even suspicious of tonight's broccoli. Why can't slime be blue? Baby blue . . . periwinkle . . . cornflower . . . powder . . . you get my drift. I mean if the sky is blue, why not???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can send the rain over heah Jeanne. We've gotten "spits" for rain. Yet the weatherman, who looks at the world thru rose colored glasses, insists we will have an 80% chance thru the weekend.
Sue
Post a Comment