Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ugly beasts . . . beautiful birds

My loft window faces a little plot of trees, some of which took a beating in the 2004 hurricanes. I looked out one morning not so long ago and spied a hawk in the top of a dead pine and immediately snapped a couple of shots. Keep in mind, I am blinder than a bat. When I finally uploaded the shots, I was not all that surprised to see it was not a hawk after all but a turkey buzzard. Yuck.And of course this is not the first time. Frank was looking out the same window one morning and told me of the circling hawks landing in a neighbors tree. I ran out to take some pictures. Again, they were turkey buzzards. So I scrapped them. What the heck.

But lest you think all we get are turkey buzzards, this beautiful guy also landed in our neighbors tree one day.

So nasty or gorgeous, I am thankful I can look out my window and see these creatures. And besides, I bet Mrs. Buzzard thinks Mr. Buzzard is a pretty spiffy dude.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

LOL at your comment about Mr. and Mrs. Buzzard. Oh that hawk is just beautiful! So regal looking, perched up there, surveying his domain. Great shots, and gorgeous layout!