
Passing on these stairs was precarious. After our first encounter with folks going the opposite way, we would wait on the landing until the coast was clear and scamper up to the next level. Which was fine going up but apparently, I don't scamper well going down . . . something about clutching the railing too hard . . .

The great light. Why do these fascinate me so much?

It was very early in the morning and the fog had yet to lift, but again, well worth the climb.

and because Frank and I never really grew up, there was this shot taken from the fort across the street . . .

We honked around the battery for a while . . . Frank being entranced with all the WW1 goodies and then off to Fort Pulaski just to snoop around.

Frank was definitely in his element when we discovered Fort Pulaski was vintage Civil War. I was afraid we might be moving in . . .

re-enactment

and yes Katie, your parents still climb trees . . . we just won't get into the details.


Then of course are the numerous roadside junk stores that I have to rummage through . . .

My friend Sue, upon hearing we were headed to Savannah, recommended The Crab Shack, said the food was amazing. And it WAS! So was the set up.


and lest you think they are yet lacking in entertainment, just wander over to their very own baby gator farm. I counted three in this shot but I think there are more.

Once back in the city we did what I love most . . . wandered the street taking shots of architecture.



and these last two . . . they will be turned into overlays because the texture is so awesome.


So, after some dinner and a walk home, we were ready to crash. Frank loved Savannah. I, clicking my ruby red slippers, was ready to come home.
3 comments:
I knew you'd love the Crab Shack!Theres' nuttin better than eating with your fingers as utensils!I'm drooling!
And I had forgotten about Ft Pulaski! Yep, it's time for us to make a return trip.
I know you climb trees - so do I! I just don't break anything when I do so ; )
wow, I loved Katie's comment!!! Too funny! Again, your pictures are awesome, this whole trip sounds like such fun! That restaurant looks really interesting. We are going to head to Virginia on Monday, I hope that will be fun!
Post a Comment