it was a long slow weekend in the cave . . . we happily ate our way through it. Friday lunch we decided to try a new local restaurant . . . the building was awesome: glass, metal, blackness, very slick . . . you just knew there was no pot roast in this venue. We passed the lounge into the main dining room and spied set ups for two, twenty + parties. Hummm. When the host announced we would be sharing a menu since they were running low, our heads came up. Not that we mind sharing anything but a quick check told us the wait staff was running low too. We opted to retry another day and hightailed it out of there.
We ended up at an old favorite . . . the 9TS being on a mission to conquer a rather large burger. Oh, and they, being ensconced in a woodsy, stone ambiance, do offer pot roast. Did I order it? Heck no. I'm not even sure where the pot roast thought came from. @@. But I did order my most favorite salad while the 9TS gnawed his way through his beef allotment for the next three years. Grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, hard boiled egg, bacon, and tomatoes . . . might even have been healthy had I not smothered the whole blessed thing with bleu cheese dressing and cracked pepper.
Friday dinner. Carrabba's of course. Feeling guilty, the 9TS noshed on potato encrusted sea bass while I toyed with salad Caprese with a side of pesto sauce. I literally watched my thighs explode. I guess I don't understand the concept of guilt!!
Saturday lunch? The 9TS was on a meat binge . . . he being down some 14 pounds . . . most of which never left the cave but instead slithered my direction . . . and so we stuffed ourselves with BBQ. Lip smacking, bone sucking goodness. Slurp.
Saturday night was marinated grilled chicken, pasta salad and baked acorn squash. Sunday, the 9TS wanted stuffed green peppers.
Now you know why I am gaining weight instead of losing it. Saturated sating. Monster munching. Overindulgence. Sigh.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And those poor beasties are on diets...doesn't seem quite fair. LOL
Post a Comment