Sunday, May 9, 2010

yoga on the pool deck . . .

I had absolutely no excuse this morning. I couldn't even fabricate one. The weather is drop dead gorgeous early in the a.m., before the heat settles in . . . one of our yoga yaya's lent me some perfect CD's . . . and so I trudged out to the pool deck, music seeping from my laptop as I centered myself on a pool pad.

I have to say, with the warm breezes, the gurgling water, the birds trilling in the background, I think I found nirvana. Om. Om. Om. I did about half an hour until I was rudely interrupted by the 9TS bearing my cell phone with a message from Katie saying she was on her way home: that being the case, he gets special dispensation and all is forgiven. Back to settling in, but the mood was broken and so I headed into Savasana. I might still be there, totally relaxed and laying in the sun watching my breathing but for the call of nature . . . . no, not that!!!! One wily neighborhood cat decided at that particular moment to declare ownership, at full volume, of his ounce of territory . . . . or perhaps he doesn't care for yoga . . . who knows.

But yoga on the pool deck is a good thing . . . . a major do-again . . . as soon as I have a chat with the 9TS, the mangy cat, the chattering squirrel and whomever else apparently has no conception of yoga etiquette. Harrumph!! Snort!!

3 comments:

joanieb147 said...

Perhaps the cat was saying, "Namaste"?

Anke said...

wow, you have been busy! So glad you found the abscess and got that taken care of. All this scary stuff! I am so glad you decided to go on another trip, that will be awesome! So sorry about your sweet cat, why can't they live forever? Take good care of the both of you and enjoy Katie's visit :)

Anonymous said...

nice! If I had a pool deck I bet I'd do all kinds of healthy things, too!

ok, probably not. lol

Your yoga session sounds divine!

Kel