Monday, June 18, 2012

and then . . .

saturday afternoon, Nancy delivered THE most delicious brownies ever.  Oh, dear Lord above, they were the BEST.  And if you have ever wondered if coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate icing, fear no more.  The answer is yes.

Saturday night, Kidlet returned for the evening, and when I opened the door, this is what I spied on the front yard:

well, in truth, these are shots taken the next morning after I denuded most of the ground foliage and stacked it here:
but I was still in way over my head and called the tree trimmers.  Five hours later and a huge dump truck full of branches and limbs, the yard is all cleaned up and wonderful.

Oh, and by the way, the tree guy said it was a tiny twister that hit the tree.  Yikes.

and now to change topics entirely, I tried the fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil goodness from Proud Italian Cook.  I added a drizzle of balsamic reduction and the results were beyond wonderful:
And yes, I am rolling around like a hound dog who has eaten a sack of potatoes.

Life is bountiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this eggplant looks way beyond delish!! Must try it. Thanks for getting the salivary glands pumping!! LOL....

Paula

Sue said...

Swoon! That looks soooo good!

Glad the tree trimmers got the mess cleaned up for you.

Anonymous said...

Strange how there was no mention of brownies when I came home. No doubt Pippin ate them all, huh?
- Kidlet