I was trying to make a cute tote for my friend Robin's birthday. No matter what step I was on, I messed up. Kidlet just kept shaking her head and urging me to try again. I am stubborn. I should have used a pattern.
Fabric: Yep, I cut it wrong, but didn't discover it until I went to make the straps.
The Bird: It was originally supposed to be stitched in just one color, but then how would anyone know what type of bird it was? So I added dry paint. Not so good. So I dampened the paint. Better, but Kidlet was cringing.
Sewing: By the time I had added the gussets, it became quite obvious that I really had misjudged the placement of the bird because now her tail was off the front.
Straps: As mentioned before, I cut the body before the straps and was left with nothing usable. Where was my brain? in hiatus in the pool, no doubt. So I went through my ribbon stash until I found something usable. Kidlet was now hiding under the bed and as far from me as possible.
Brads: I didn't realize until the last minute that the head of one of the brads had slipped sideways and needed to be re-glued.
Photos: And apparently, I couldn't even take a non-fuzzy shot. GAH!
What the heck. Robin knows I am a tad eccentric.
And here it is:
It's a robin for a Robin. Get it?!?! I know, I know. Gah.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like it!!
In my defense, you kept asking me how it was, REASSURING ME it was only the first attempt. You didn't say it would also be the last attempt, or I would have been more supportive.
- Kidlet
And now I shall sing "when the red, red robin goes bob, bob bobbin' along" for the rest of the day.
I think it's adorable and I'll bet Robin will too!
Post a Comment