I took a look at the weekly weather forecast and actually saw a day with a high of 83. Immediately, my brains flitted to fires in the fireplace, sheepskin boots, open windows, sweaters and chili. OK, so I am probably ahead of myself by a few months, but it just sounded so good.
Long about August and September, I have had it with temps in the 90's, mold between my toes, having to work to inhale humidity so thick it resembles pea soup.
Why do I live here? Because you have to love the other eight months of gorgeous freakin' weather. Nine if we have a mild winter. The humidity drops, the air gets crisp, the windows ARE flung open. Coverlets are needed at night. And it stays that way not for mere weeks but for glorious months.
I love sitting out by the pool in the early morning in sweats, sipping a cup of Suisse Mocha, doing a crossword puzzle or reading. I love walking our five miles unencumbered by sweat and mosquitoes. I love the top down on the Miata even when I have the heater on. I love getting under cool sheets and waiting for the warmth to seep in. I love getting out of the shower and not feeling sticky two minutes later.
Fall is coming and I am happy.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, fall is just around the corner! I can't wait to open up the windows and to get a little chilly, turning on the fireplace and sipping on my coffee before school is wonderful! Enjoy the fresh new season Jeanne!
Post a Comment