Wednesday, September 23, 2015

happy first day of fall . . .

mother nature is taking her own sweet time but the high today is predicted to be only 81.  the difference between a spring 81 and a fall 81 is about 20• of humidity but soon MN will drop the dew levels and all will be right with my world.  i will order a load of seasoned wood and stash it until january.  there are thoughts of fires dancing in my head.  wood smoke.  colored leaves.  flannel lined jeans, sweatshirts, roasted marshmallows.  a snap in the air.  open windows, long walks, bike rides. ok, so most of that was my childhood but it brings a certain yearning just the same.  so happy first day of fall.

and then there is this little snippet of the day from a conversation with Lee about taking her to her first checkup tomorrow morning.  the fight is about whether or not we can cram her and her booted foot into little red:

Lee: Yes to the wheelchair.  Are your shoulders and back OK to push me?

Me: Of course I can push.  And if you misbehave, I think there is a pond the chair would fit into perfectly.

Lee: I know you wouldn't push me in the pond because you'd cave under pressure.  The cop would say, "Did you push her in the pond?" and you'd say, "Yes, yes I did. But she wouldn't shut her damn mouth and she's stubborn!"

happiness is a certain amount of lunacy among friends.

No comments: