Friday, August 26, 2016

hen day . . .

and joanie managed to sneak away to join us for a bit.  hooray.

again with the blackened chicken, bacon, tomato and bleu cheese salad.  slurp!!  lee joined in and had one too.  joanie was into her beet, goat cheese and arugula salad.  there's always one odd ball.

speaking of odd balls, lee had surgery yesterday morning at the dermatologists to remove a squamous cell carcinoma which immediately got infected.  good grief.  she went straight to the office to have it looked at and is now running a fever and living on antibiotics.  our insurance company apparently no longer covers moh's surgery but the doctor is 99% sure she got it all.  how is this right in anyone's world?

i headed home and then off to michael's for a heidi swapp travel, photo journal.  going to cheat this time instead of making it from scratch.  it's pretty cool and i bought an embellishment kit to match .  . . as if i need anymore embellishments.  gah!

bear spent the morning under the bed again but since dinner he has decided to join us on top.  i hope that mean he is feeling better.

life is good.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I would love either of the hens salads, even though I can't have either one. :(
Sorry to hear about Lee's infection. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
I could have sent you an embellie or twelve if you were running short! Oh no. Wait! I *might* need them for something!