Friday, February 23, 2007

A very bad day in black rock . . .

. . . my dear friend Jennifer . . . her mother passed away today. They had an extraordinary relationship . . .deeper than mother/daughter . . . stronger than the normal family bond . . . grounded, open, supportive beyond belief. Her mom was a wise, loving, determinedly strong woman who passed those qualities on to her daughter.

We, Jen and I, have been through a lot together. We met at work. And the friendship grew through the next 16 years. She held me up during my divorce, stood up with me for my second marriage, we hugged and cried when she lost her first pregnancy, and her second. We chatted and laughed through her first childbirth, her second came too fast but I got first pictures, she brought dinner and deep friendship to my door when my father died and stood with us when we lost my mother-in-law.

I hurts to see her in so much pain. I wish I could wipe it away.

No comments: