Thursday, April 26, 2007

those odd things we do . . .

Since we are both retired, we have plenty of time to do the things we enjoy. Frank spends a lot of time at the gym, I spend mine on my paper fetish. Those are the two biggies, but we often find ourselves in other genres . . . like house snooping . . er hunting. We love to check out models, new developments, parades of homes, etc. Today we investigated an area he had seen in the paper. They were, well, honestly . . . atrocious. really! As in dead-dog ugly. Tacky. But on the way, we passed another small neighborhood we had yet to investigate. A quick U-turn and we fell in love. The houses were gorgeous. Stunning. Jaw dropping. How had this jewel escaped our outings? I want to live there. I need to live there. We came home and Frank noticed an open-house in that very neighborhood. Price tag? A mere 1.5m. At least we have good taste. Good thing I love the cave. Still, what are the chances I could win the lottery?

No comments: