Sunday, June 24, 2007

oops . . .





Back in May, I posted some shots of our bandit buddy, Rocky Raccoon. Just last night I was bemoaning to my brother and sister-in-law that he had been missing in action for over a month. Right on cue, my brother-in-law spies him. Then I hear a squeal of delight from Katie. And another, now the three of them plus Frank are glued to the back door and someone is screaming for me to grab my camera. Apparently Rocky (or rather Rockette) had been very busy, for carefully tucked in the bush were not one, not two, but four babies. Cute as can be. They disappeared and later Rocky(ette) came back alone. Actually she/he got quite brave and decided to investigate Bru who was of course on the inside of the pool screen. Rocky got within four feet of Bru when Bru let out an eerie howl and backed away. Rocky took off for the night. The pictures, taken at dusk and through a screen are not wonderful but you can meet the newest members of our menagerie.

No comments: