yep, it was my turn. I booted up my desktop and there it was. The experience has taught me a few things besides the obvious mantra :::back up, back up, back up::: I have learned that . . .
*I may not understand outsourcing to India but a very kind, very patient man walked me through cleaning out my computer and reinstalling everything for FIVE hours this morning.
*When I was bereft about losing my cyber-space buddies birthday list, various copies have flown my way from the very friends whose names made it important.
*That it will take me a long time to realize just how much I lost and that none of it really matters when you think of the things in life that truly do. (I do miss my font collection, grocery list, Christmas photos and a few other goodies though.)
*That I am grateful that I also have a laptop and that it held all my 'favorite' sites safely through the storm.
*I am not a patient person. And that poor Minesh aka 'Joe' heard me go from 'I'm sorry, could you repeat that please', to 'I didn't catch that', to 'WHAT????!????' I am not exactly happy with myself right now.
So I am going to chalk this up to the learning experience that it is, pour myself a long tall potent potable and hope that it is a long, long cold day before I have to go though this again. And in the meantime, Snoop wants my lap, Katie is snoozing after staying up all night reading Harry, Frank is happily ensconced in front of some race on TV, Bru is gently snoring. And life in the cave is still good.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It must be contagious! After I read this post, I started having my own computer issues. Now I can REALLY say, "I feel your pain". I hope your issues get resolved soon!
Post a Comment