
We went to Lowe's today to look at options for the desktop work space for my new scrap room. We did not fare well. Counter tops have lips that will not work, and doors are too short and would have to be pieced. Know anyone who makes a 10' 6" door??? But, the nice guy in that department gave us the name of a local vendor that might be able to help us. We will check them out tomorrow morning. Hooray!! Next stop, paint. WooEEEE!! Picked out two blues: the one I originally fell in love with and a slightly darker one just in case. And, the brown for the accent wall. Yep. BROWN. 'Cork board' brown to be exact. Their paint sample machine was sick and down for the count so I grabbed a handful of each paint chip, brought them home and with the help of a removable Hermie, stuck them to the wall. Hooray, it really is the lighter blue I want. Ah, but one more stop before leaving Lowe's, we headed to shelving and nicely displayed on a wall were the invisible support shelves I have been looking for. My stamps will have a home on the wall. Oh, I cannot wait.In the meantime, Thursday, I pick up the last of the Jetmax cubes I ordered at ACMoore. Who knew they would special order the ones they did not carry? Thanks Katie, for making me ask. The brown accent wall will be broken up by a white 16 cube mass of storage space. Happy, happy.
OK, OK, we all know I am design challenged. And here I am on my own, let loose to pick out my own color scheme. Three blue walls, one brown wall, white trim with white wood slat window covers. I know it sounds odd. But keep your fingers crossed it works out.
Oh and for those with whom I shared the story of Katie, my Miata, the brakes and the saw stand, my neighbor who works part time in Lowe's one upped me. Her dh owns a race car he stores in their garage. Somehow he managed to pop it in gear sending it crashing into their wall, smashing everything in sight including piping!!!! Ouch.
2 comments:
I think those colors will be great! One piece of (unsolicited) advice though. Tape them up next to a window, and look at it in regular daylight too. It really changes the look of the colors from artificial light to daylight.
What is the invisible shelving and cubing that you are talking about? I am going to need to replace some bookcases in my scraproom; they are very unsteady. I'm intrigued by these two items you mentioned.
OMG about the sports car and the demolished wall! That would be a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad day, lol.
Yes, do tell about the invisible shelving!
I bet Katie must have grinned from ear to ear after hearing the sports car story. "See mom, my lurch wasn't so bad!" ROFLMAO
Leonore
Post a Comment