Monday, July 30, 2007

holding my breath . . . jumble of a story

I am sooooooooooooooo darn excited. Today we headed out to find a work surface for my new scrap room. Oooooh, can I please be presumptuous and call it a 'studio'. Pleeeeease. The first stop turned out to be a molding company . . . still wondering why the Lowe's guy sent us there. They could not help . . . with the work surface, but boy could they help us with the crown molding I want. Hooray. Nice people and they had the two cutest poodle/something pups. The first referral he sent us to did wholesale only, not so nice, but we fell in love with their 140 lb golden. Off to the second referral, we can hear the barking as we get out of the car . . . do you see a theme here? Again, nice people, and the very ancient, very sweet pooch looks part black border collie, part Heinz. Yes they can do me a work surface BUT, they can also design and install all the under counter cabinetry too. Said he would stop by this afternoon to measure. Called saying he was running a tad late . . . no problem. He arrives with folder in hand . . . design ready. Two work stations, three banks of drawers, one with a filing cabinet. I am overwhelmed. Can we really do this? I mean a REAL work space not just a door on two cabinets. I am overwhelmed. Did I mention that??? Shakily, I signed on the bottom line. WooEEEEE!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so freakin' excited for you! WOOHOO!!!!!

Leonore<---thinks the desk ate my handy dandy notebook full of passwords. @@

Anonymous said...

That's IT! As soon as your room is finished, I'm makin' me a road trip!!

Sue