
I set my cell alarm for 6:30 and my alarm clock for 7:00. This was the big day. Katie was taking possession of her new apartment. I am too old and gray for this . . . my schlepping days are over. We hired a moving company. 7:30 they appeared at our door. Katie and I stuck around long enough to answer any questions and took off ahead of them, leaving Frank to handle that end. We signed her life away. (I am still thinking the last paragraph asked for her first born). Grabbed the keys and headed for her apartment. Let me tell you, it is G O R G E O U S. How come I was sharing my first couple of apartments with beady eyed creatures of the night? Anyway, we unpacked what we had brought, which mostly consisted of bathroom supplies and Gatorade. Priorities, you know. And settled in to wait for the moving company. They made great time which pleased me no end since we were paying by the hour. They were great. Got her set up and were gone. We waited for the cable guy, the futon guy and our free pizza, compliments of the apartment complex, while finding homes for her belongings. Then we waited for Frank who was coming up to pick me up. Instant digression: We have a saying in our house: "By the time we get to the end of the driveway, Frank is lost and I have forgotten where we were going". So you know where this is headed. Frank calls LOST. I hand the phone to Katie because she knows the area. She keeps telling him to pull over and we will come get him. Nope. He is a man. He will not listen. He is happily driving around who knows where. Finally he says he sees the mall and pulls over near Mimi's. Mimi's just happens to be our favorite restaurant up there. So I tell him stay put, get us a table, we are headed over for dinner. Yummy food. A quick stop at Target for some necessities, a stop at Publix for goodies for the pantry and fridge and back to the apartment for more unpacking. At 11:00 pm I am exhausted and we call it quits and head home. 1:00 am, wine glass in hand, I think how totally worth it is is to have Katie one happy camper.
2 comments:
Love the pictures of Katie's apartment. Next time I move...which will be never, unless I can finally afford to buy a place!...I'm hiring movers also! Good luck and congratulations to Katie on her new place.
What a great apartment! I remember my first night in my first apartment. What a fabulous night! I hope Katie's memories are as fond! Love the story about Frank getting lost, that made me giggle.
Post a Comment