Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a new world . . .

sometimes having a time crunch comes with its own benefits. I had to be at the dentist at 9 am., Kaity arrives at 7:45, her bus comes at 8:22. Somewhere in there, I needed to get in my morning bike ride before the heat gets unbearable. The only way I could figure to squeeze everything in: getting cleaned up and presentable to get my teeth cleaned and have some time to catch up with Kaity's previous day, was to leave at 6:3o.

The world is different as the sun is coming up. The moisture is still in the air. There are sheets of blueish haze on the fields rising up two or three feet . . patchy . . . ethereal. Out of habit, I had grabbed my prescription sunglasses. It was too dark to wear them. The cars still had their lights on. In my blindness, everything looked rather Van Gogh-ish . . . blurred and faded yet clean with the expectation of a new day. The cranes were still out in the ponds, looking for breakfast I suppose. The egrets joined them begging for leftovers. The grass was still wet with dew and just starting to sparkle in the new sun. An eerie world . . . but strangely pleasant and definitely a welcome surprise.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

But no peacocks this time? I love your descriptions, it feels like I'm right there with you, which of course would be impossible because who in their right mind is up at 6:30 EDT? lol

What did the LSS Owner say about your beautiful SPRING creation?

Anonymous said...

Why do you think your daughter who doesn't get up before noon by habit, drags herself up to take pictures of the dawn at 5am?

And how's Kaity doing? Loving middle school? Yes? No?