just when I thought my school schlepping days were over, along comes a grandchild. With Katie back at college, I am free to sleep in. Problem is, my biological clock wakes up at 6:30 regardless of who is where. So when my DIL called and asked if she could drop her Kaity off and let her get the bus to middle school from here, (she has to be at work before school starts), I jumped at the chance. First of all, I am already up, secondly, she is such a sweet kid, and third, I am just plain happy to be useful. So today was the first day of school and Katie just happened to be home for an appointment. (are you confused with Katie and Kaity yet? We have a shortage of names in this family: 2 joe's, 2 stacie's, 2 colins, 2 scott's and of course 2 Katie's, not to be confused with Katie and a good friend of hers from elementary school on, to whom everyone just referred to as THE KATIE'S). Katie reminded me of the obligatory first day of school pictures and showed Kaity the proof, flipping through her school album. So here is Kaity positioned in front of the fireplace like so many shots of Katie. That done and 1/2 hour later, Katie and I walked Kaity to the bus stop. Sigh. Happily, life just rolls right along replenishing itself when needed.
Monday, August 20, 2007
round two . . .
just when I thought my school schlepping days were over, along comes a grandchild. With Katie back at college, I am free to sleep in. Problem is, my biological clock wakes up at 6:30 regardless of who is where. So when my DIL called and asked if she could drop her Kaity off and let her get the bus to middle school from here, (she has to be at work before school starts), I jumped at the chance. First of all, I am already up, secondly, she is such a sweet kid, and third, I am just plain happy to be useful. So today was the first day of school and Katie just happened to be home for an appointment. (are you confused with Katie and Kaity yet? We have a shortage of names in this family: 2 joe's, 2 stacie's, 2 colins, 2 scott's and of course 2 Katie's, not to be confused with Katie and a good friend of hers from elementary school on, to whom everyone just referred to as THE KATIE'S). Katie reminded me of the obligatory first day of school pictures and showed Kaity the proof, flipping through her school album. So here is Kaity positioned in front of the fireplace like so many shots of Katie. That done and 1/2 hour later, Katie and I walked Kaity to the bus stop. Sigh. Happily, life just rolls right along replenishing itself when needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She's adorable!
I think your journaling coupled with this picture would make a great LO. I never realized how you had two of every name in your family.....funny!
Post a Comment