This is the start and finish to my newest project . . . a miniature lexicon. Of course there is no middle yet as it is very much a work in progress, but the 4 x 4 accordion book will be filled with my favorite words. Everyone has them . . . words that evoke memories . . . or make you happy. Words that make your heart swell or just plain tickle your fancy. Key words that just unlock emotions. "Giddy" is one. It never fails to make me smile. Some I just like because of the way they roll off your tongue like "tundra". "Whiffle" is an odd word but it's fluency appeals to me. Clouds "scud". . . a great descriptive word. Anyway, you get my drift. I love words and this book will celebrate them.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your idea!! One of my favorite words is "uvula". It's fun to say and so many people do a double take when they hear it, as if I've said a bad word!! LOL!!!
Are these purely real words, or are all your crazy unique expressions and nicknames?
What a cute idea! I love words too, some of my favorites are:
Fabulous (of course)
befuddled
conundrum
flabbergasted
Post a Comment