we seem to live under some ancient discarded rules of Archimedes. If you spend money on non-essentials, the essentials get upset and revolt AND if one appliance dies, another will shortly follow. Thus, when our oven died, so did the dishwasher. When the TV died, so did the washer, when the vacuum cleaner died it took the dryer . . . . you get the drift. So I should have known when our 29 year old (that is not a typo) microwave died Monday night that something was sure to follow. And, darned if I didn't wake from a nap a little soggy and damp . . . the a/c was definitely not doing its best. While the air handler was chugging away, the temperature was rising higher and higher. I call the repairman, certain they would tell me they can get there sometime just after Labor Day. Thankfully, they'll have a guy out this afternoon. I make a mad dash to the hardware store because I know our filters are filthy . . . sort of like cleaning the house before the maid comes . . . and no, that is not first hand knowledge.
Frank just hollered up the stairs wanting to show me the culprit. Some gizmo that corroded and fried some wires that made something else misfire or backfire or catch fire. Whatever, just give me some cold air PLEEEEEASE.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your anal-retentive daughter would like it to be known the the common mispelling of "rules" [i.e. rulez] though perceived to be cool is driving your daughter... closer to the edge of insanity. =) Thank you.
Oh Jeanne, I hope everything is fixed now! Surely you must have replaced everything by now, so you should be good for awhile, right?
I"m waiting for my a/c to go on strike, it seems as though it has run non-stop for the last week and a half, it's so hot here!
LOL at Katie's comment.
Post a Comment