got the call yesterday, telling us the recliner would be delivered the next day between 9 - 11. Happy, happy. So bright and early I am up moving all those darn boxes and bags yet once more, to make room for the chair. 8:45 am, the doorbell rings . . . it is the furniture guys. I am so excited I throw open the door forgetting about the alarm which is now screeching it's silly brains out, waking the entire neighborhood. My first dorkism for the day. Nice men . . . they carry it upstairs and set it up for me and skedaddle. Oh, tappity, tappity, tap!!! I am giddy. Katie who is not so happy to be up at this hour of the morning let alone trying to get ready for her first dermatological body scan has done some fast scrambling to avoid strange men, inquisitive cats and obnoxiously gleeful mothers.
Speaking of inquisitive cats, Snoop of course is still hiding from the intrusion of the delivery men, but Moak . . . he has wandered upstairs nose a quiver. As I announce to the world that this will be a non-cat chair, Katie is not so silently snickering. Moak is a seat snuggler from way back. But I, evil person that I am, have a plan. As soon as I catch him nesting, I will hit the vibrator. Ha! No more cat. However, should I hit the heat button by mistake all will be lost and Moak will become a permanent fixture leaving only in the dead of night in search of munchies and libation.
Frank has also wandered up and claimed nesting rights. I doubt turning on the vibrator will deter him as it certainly has done nothing but improve my disposition and make me want to purr with contentment. Giddy, I say. GIDDY!!!!!
3 comments:
Dang, from the title, I thought you and Frank had gone to a "no- tell motel!"
Sue
I'm torn between wanting to laugh at the previous comment and wanting to run screaming from the room... ewww, those are my parents. =/
lol
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice chair! And are those your new pretty blue walls?
How much longer until the cabinets are there? I'm ready to come scrap!!!
Post a Comment