Monday, July 16, 2007

i'm a brat . . .




When Katie starts school again, we are donating the furniture in the loft to her new apartment which means I finally get the scrap room I've been wanting FOREVER. Meanwhile I have been dreaming of colors and although I originally thought I wanted just blue and white, aka Amanda's Scrapbook Room, I have now been thinking about doing one wall in a soft brown. That way I can introduce another accent color that is a little more universal. Think wicker, leather . . . So I ask Frank who has much better color sense, if brown and blue go together and he says not. Harrumph! Now those of you who know me, know I am going to circumvent that 'not' if humanly possible. Digging around, I find my Granny's Attic collection from SEI. Hey, that brown and blue looks pretty darn sweet. So I ask Frank again, showing him my newest project; one of those paper craft boxes I was playing with. His response? It does there. That's all I needed, my new room will be blue with white trim and a soft brown accent wall. Good thing he loves me!!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

That box is so cute! What are you going to use it for?

I can't wait to see your new scraproom when you get it all finished!

Anonymous said...

Cute container Jeanne!

Yep! Brown and blue definitely go together! What does Frank know? He's a guy! Haven't studies shown that most guys are color blind? I know I've read that somewhere...

Leonore<---the dork who lost/forgot her password again! @@

Anonymous said...

OK. Earth=Brown. Sky=Blue. So who's right and who's wrong here Jeanne?! My scraproom is cafe au' lait with blue accents. Tell Frank he's nuts!

LURVE the box BTW!

Sue