Friday, July 18, 2008

just a thought . . .

Kelli and I were chatting about the merits of Spanx . . . and I, as usual, have dug in my heels and refuse to budge. Something about exploding sausage skins . . . But then it dawned on me that what I really need to do is to get over myself about this weight issue and realize that, at darned near 60, I am lucky I am still alive . . . especially considering some of the stunts I have pulled in this precarious life of mine . . . and then to have your buddy reply, "I know I'm grateful you are!" Well, isn't friendship what it is all about? Friendship and family! There is nothing else.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Yes ma'am. And some of us, who have never been as skinny as you are STILL won't wear Spanx just on principle. I yam what I yam. If you don't like what you see, then turn your head.

Anke said...

what the heck is Spanx? Never heard of it.Must be something weird considering the analogy of exploding sausage skins. Wheew

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out if I can explain what they are without getting yelled at for know what they are.

They're spandex shorts (or underwear if you will) that go down your thighs and up your stomach to hold your body in and make it seem slimmer under clothes.

Kind of gross, really.