Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bombs away . . .

My talented friend Sue, posted this really adorable 'pine cone' on her blog HERE. I think they are so stinking cute! So you know I had to try my hand. How could I resist!
But those of you who know me, know I rarely read the instructions even though Sue nicely provided them . . .

My first mistake was buying an ostrich sized egg. What was I thinking?

The second was the adhesive fiasco. Sue had recommended Glue Dots. My stash was low so I needed to improvise. I tried Tacky glue and immediately glued the wax paper to the decorative paper and then to my desk top. Not good. My second try was my Xyron. As I watched the petals fall off one by one, I resorted to my ATG. Finally a solution.

Then came the placement. Three rows in and I realized my staggering was off and I was now going to have a striped pine cone. Oh well, too late now.

I showed the 9TS the finished product and he uttered one word: Grenade.

Harumphhh!!!

So I sent a shot to Sue, who realizing that I had built the entire 'grenade' bss ackwards, carefully gave me a 'cone' anatomy lesson. Yikes. A little more fiddling and it's done. My first attempt.

And yes, there will be more . . . smaller versions . . . hanging from my tree this year. As with most new things, I am giddy with delight. Thank you Sue for sharing!!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Snorting and chortling! You crack me right up!

Next time instead of doing up and down rows, go round and round.

And bssackwards I know! We're bestest friends.

Anke said...

Oh my gosh this is totally cool!!! Do you take orders? I can just see them in red and gold and fill up my whole tree. Love them!!!!