Friday, August 14, 2009

and then there was light . . .

The cave, by virtue of it's name, is a rather dark but cozy retreat. But the word dank has recently been added to the list of adjectives and while I love the cave, I am no Gollum. Our sometime violent summer storms have bested our roof and we have sprung leaks . . . as in more than one. We are getting water logged. Roofers, it seems, are hard to come by since everyone else is in the same boat . . . er . . . ark. The first has yet to return my call. The second said it would be some time before they could get to us even to give us a quote. Monday, we are hoping to hear from #3. I am not holding my breath.

Since there were other chores choking our home repair to-do list, and I was already burning up the phone lines, we tracked down someone to come out and repair some elderly cedar siding. He will be here in two weeks . . . fingers crossed. And once again, it was time to trim the monster Laural Oak out front. I love this tree. It is gorgeous and healthy but HUGE. The tree service not only trimmed but aerated it and while they were at it, trimmed the sycamore, holly and three oaks that were looming over the roof and pool. They left with a semi truck load of lopped off foliage. And now there is light in the cave. I am happy, if still damp.

Not so happy, are the neighbor cats that like to use our pool cage as a hammock. I got dirty looks this morning as they discovered their path was thwarted.



1 comment:

Kelli said...

awwwwwwww They look confused!

Like, "Well WHERE are we supposed to take our morning nap NOW???????"