Monday, August 10, 2009

Winnie the Pooh this ain't . . .

My neighbor Joanie sent me this shot the other day. At first I thought it was adorable until what I was seeing sank in. It is bear mating season in this neck of the woods but lest you forget, I don't live in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Rockies or even the Catskills. I live near the shore . . . in a small community . . . the kind with a HOA. You know, you've seen them. Manicured lawns, pristine drive ways, awards for design. (I'm speaking in general here since we all know the Cave is not exactly award winning material.) But you get my drift. This is NOT where one would expect to see a bear. Yet just two equally similar developments down, this is the shot a friend of a friend took in his front yard.



See what I mean about manicured. ACK!!!! Mating season or not, he needs to be looking elsewhere for a wife. I'm thinking no one on this block is going to volunteer. Shoo! Winnie. Shoo! Go back to the 100 acre woods.

3 comments:

Sue said...

OhmyholyhellNO! I live in da woods and we've NEVER seen a bear!

Kelli said...

Look how cute he is!!!! I can just hear him now, "Hey, what's UP, homey???"

Anonymous said...

Adds new meaning to BYOB - perhaps they were having a party and he thought he was invited? ;)

Goober