Saturday, September 18, 2010

scrap lifting . . .

. . . in case you are unfamiliar with the term, is taking someone else's work and copying it as your own . . . being certain to give credit where credit is due.

This morning, I was going through my morning reads, and Karenika had THE most adorable layout of her two boys.  The thief sitting on my left shoulder whispered, steal it . . . steal it.  And so, I did.
Credits:  Paper: Vinnie Pierce, Frame: Julia Makontinsky, Stitches:  Anna Aspnes, Bird:  Ellie Nash, Clouds:  Dawn Inskip and Cinnamon Design, Journaling Block:  Dawn Inskip, Tree:  Ida Astrid, Felt Letters:  Pattie Knox, Font:  Magic Forest.
It was the perfect fun thing to do with a still limp kitten cuddled in the crook of my elbow.

EDIT:  Here is Karenika's original.  I was waiting for permission to post it here!
  I loved the look of hers and wanted to see if it would translate from paper to digi.  I still need to work on my shadowing.  Thanks, Karenika for sharing!

1 comment:

Karen said...

i love what you did!! It looks awesome :)