Today I dragged the eyeball rolling 9TS to Cassadaga. If you are not familiar with it, Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp is the oldest active religious community in the Southeastern United States. It is also on the National Register of Historic Places. Enough reason for my camera and I and the cynical sloth, to go day tripping.
A beautiful day in the neighborhood. I immediately wanted to move in here:

Or if not available for immediate occupancy, maybe here:

I am loving this town.
Meanwhile, the 9TS, whom I had to drag out of the gift shop (surprise, surprise) was pointing out other signs like this:
and this:

and even this, which happens to be my favorite:

and don't forget this:

but I was busy shooting here:
and here:
and, of course here:
But my favorite spot was here: Spirit Pond!
We wandered all over until I was afraid the 9TS would lose his eyeballs all together and we headed back to the car.
We wandered all over until I was afraid the 9TS would lose his eyeballs all together and we headed back to the car.
Don't tell, but I am going to sneak back over week after next and get a reading. I am fascinated! Oh, and after leaving the gift shop, I smell like patchouli!!!





2 comments:
I love Patchouli and I love that last photo! That is a very special thing about the south that I never get enough of, that hanging moss! I could just move down there now. Thinking about fall and snow is making me sick already! Great shots!
I used to burn Patchouli incense all. the. time! I need to see if I can still find it.
Post a Comment