Thursday, March 15, 2012

and life goes on . . .

  • did I ever tell you the 9TS was a shoe ho?  we have a local shoe repair owner who collects gently worn shoes, brings them back to life and distributes them to the homeless.  we donated four huge bags of my sloths shoes.  I am so happy they will find good homes. so is the 9TS, I am sure.
  • The 9TS was adamant that he take care of the pool all these years . . . and take care he did.  But unlike my inability to keep most green things alive, I had no trouble turning the pool green  . . . a major algae bloom!  So I called the company who replaces our motors when they die and they sent a very sweet gentleman to teach me the ins and outs of keeping up a pool.  I may or may not have flunked the course.  We should know in a week or two.
  • the gray goose has also found another home.  my miata is not upset in the least.  she is happy to have more room in the garage.  she can now sleep on either side and doesn't have to stay squished up against the wall anymore.  it was an arranged marriage after all.  zoom. zoom.
  • social security has been contacted and I have realized there is a new word heading my list of least favorites:  widow.  I may be sloth-less but I am not a widow.  I am temporarily deprived of his companionship but eventually we will be together again.  Please, don't use the W word! 
  • i loved my iPhone unconditionally . . . until I discovered it stored voice messages.   "hi hon, going to lunch with the guys.  see you soon.  love you."  sigh.  an arrow to the heart.
and so each day goes.  some easier then others.  some not so much fun.  but cards are still pouring in and each one brings a message of love. 

and because I can't help myself.  my PSA for today and everyday until I breathe no more:  get yourself checked.  make an appointment with a dermatologist.  go.  slather on the sunscreen.  stay out of noon day sun.  melanoma is a tricky beast who strikes without rhyme or reason.  do it for yourself.  do it for your family.  just do it!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I will beat the "get yourself checked" drum with you.

You are so strong and the Sloth is standing at the front of the pack cheering you on.

You GO girl!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne...you amaze me, girl. Getting so much done and behind you. I love your attitude...you will always be YOU....at least I hope so cuz I might not like the
"other" person as much as you!! HAHAHAAAA.....

Unknown said...

You're fantastic my friend!