Joanie and I went furniture hunting for what I thought I wanted.
Turns out it wasn't. On the pro side, the frame had a 15 year warranty. They had a slew of fabrics and frame colors from which to choose and most importantly, without cushions, I wouldn't be sitting on puddles after a rain storm. Cons: the fabric only had a five year guarantee, and it has a tendency to sag. It wasn't all that comfortable and the price tag was huge. Gulp.
And so after much deliberation, I decided to keep the usable frames from my old set and just buy new cushions and table tops. All for a price well under the cost of that which I thought I wanted. And even under that which I had drooled over last summer at another store. The wet cushions? Not a problem, flip them over and they are dry and good to go. No, we are not getting into how I could have owned the afore mentioned cushions for 14 years and not have realized that. No. No. No.
Here they are. Mine will be a darker color. The better to hide the dirt, my dear.
But since we are just replacing cushions and tops, I also get to keep this:
Minus the umbrella and the scenic lake.
It was a good afternoon outside of the cave. A very good afternoon and oh yes, they deliver!!!!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment