One of Kidlet's Christmas presents turned out to be a duplicate so we schlepped back to Barnes and Noble to return one. While she checked out the crochet books, I was headed to the food section but not before a book by Brenna Maloney called Sock It to Me grabbed my feeble attention and and the cockles of my black pitted heart.
What is more appealing than some nefarious creatures made from those knitted creations designed to keep your feet warm? Why exactly did I feel compelled to peruse said book? I was forced into it. As soon as I realized one of the options was . . . . . wait for it . . . . a SLOTH, I was hooked.
The book has now been sitting on my shelf for a couple of days, waiting for a moment of illustrious energy to hit. This morning, being cold and rainy seemed like the perfect time.
I rummaged through my not meager sock collection and came up with a very fuzzy pair of knee socks. Knowing my penchant for flubbing first attempts, I started with something other than the proposed sloth . . . the chameleon.
As I gathered thread, batting, pipe cleaners, scissors, pen, forceps and such, I spent a couple of hours manufacturing my beastie. And yes, I messed up the directions. Of course I did. So instead of having the 'thing' chameleons have on their heads, mine has antennae. Never seen antennae on a chameleon? Then you're not looking hard enough because they are there. I swear . . . she said looking down at her crossed fingers.
And so, here she is. Connie Chameleon, in all of her glory:
She was so much fun to make and looks oh so much sweeter now then on my feet. It was a good morning in the cave.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Connie is adorable. Antennae and all!
Connie-Connie-Connie-Connie-Connie Chamel-e-on!
Love it!
Post a Comment