Friday, July 27, 2007

now I know why they call them bucket seats . . .

Poor Bru. On top of his failing kidneys, I heard a heart wrenching cat scream night before last coming from the bathroom. I flew out of bed in time to see him literally relieving himself while balanced on the top of an open packing box of Katie's toiletries. Good Grief, Bru, why there??? But I have been around cats all my life and knew it was a pretty good indication that it was something physical especially since Bru has never been into paybacks like some other cat I might name . . . Snoop are you listening??? So first thing yesterday morning, I call the vet and they ask that I bring him in and leave him so they can fit him in. Now above all else, Bru hates the trip to the vets. Hates it, hates it, hates it. To make it easier on him, I have stopped using a cat carrier which he hates even more. So with car keys in one hand and cat tucked safely under the other arm, I get in the Miata, my precious "other" baby and back out of the garage. While waiting for the door to go back down, I smell an aroma. Come on now, you cat lovers know what I mean. It is the unmistakeable stench of cat urine. Huh? What? Where? I look over and Bru, embarrassed as can be, is staring at my now urine fill bucket seat. ACK!! I jump out, open the garage door, run inside, grab a towel and a tupperware jar and run back. Ya gotta love plastic when the bucket seat is holding up like a swimming pool. I swoop up a quick sample for the vet, drop down the towel, all the time making sure Bru is still in the car and has not escaped to wander the neighborhood. ACK!!.

Without further incident, Bru, I and one very stinky little red Miata get to the vet's office. I hate parting with him, even for a short time. Fast forward to early afternoon. The vet calls and as I suspected, Bru has a urinary track infection. Keeping Frank company because he has one as well. Sigh. So home comes Bru with antibiotics and pain medicine and off I go to find a bottle of Fabreeze . . . driving of course with the top down.

So, how was your day???? Snicker, snicker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bru. Poor Miata! Hope Bru gets to feeling better.

Sue

Bridget said...

That stinks--literally and figuratively! Hope Bru is feeling better soon and that the Miata is smelling fresh.

Kelli said...

Awwwww Poor, sweet Bru. I hope he is feeling better already! I hate leaving Chelsea Grace at the vet too. I cry every time.

I hope Frank is feeling better too! And good luck with deodorizing your Miata!